a) the definition of the"group"
it refers to the collection of at least 3 individuals who have the common purpose to paticipate some common activity.
b) the detailed characteristics of the groups
- interdependence: there is a mutual dependence existing among group members.
- with common goals: group members engaged for pursuing the same goals
- group personality: the style of groups vary from different consistence of different members
- commitment: it refers to the desire of group members to work together to complete task to the satisfaction of the entire group
- cohesiveness: refers that the internal power guids members collabrate well.
- group conflict: arise from the groups' communication, may be harmful or productive. but it is likely to compromise in order to approach the unanimity
- social facilitation: the contribution which group approach have further impacts than which fulfiled by individul soly.
- gender difference: different consitence of members' gender would lead to different effectiveness.
- group size:different size of group possesses different charateristics
- norms: it refers to the standards the specific ways members behave
c) How to make the group members get into a positive participation during the group communication?
1) clearify the engagement purpuse of the group
2) choose a proper size and gender consistence of that group
3) the propriate discussion ways used, such as brainstroming and Delphi method